Thursday, February 21, 2008

Blog Topics

So far so good Searcy. The superpower topic was easy to write about and was open-ended. I find these types of topics are easier to write about because you can look at it in so many different ways and perspectives, as opposed to having a specific topic about something we're going to spend hours on during the final exam. In addition to that conflict, if you made an entire class write about a specific topic, then I'm pretty sure that you're going to get thirty of the same response no matter how creative they make it. Everyone knows that thirty of the same thing is pointless, boring, and ridiculously redundant. Let's make the "write" decision here Searcy. :P

example: Celebrities, Music, Cody Isted, Byron Burgart, Cows, Water, Tree, etc.

Also, for this marking phenomenon, I would prefer that you mark it based on what YOU think the individual deserves. Perhaps give them a few comments on they're writing style and sentence structure, but don't mark them on the six-point-scale. That scale represents nothing but how to be the perfect author. Personally, when I find out we're being marked on the scale, I tend to worry about what I'm writing and therefore leading me to mind-blocks and dulled creativity.

No comments: